Basic features include audio calling, video calling, audio conferencing, video conferencing, and group texting, group sharing of data, , virtual fax, virtual phone and extensions. Let us now look at some advanced features as follows.
- Routing of calls: Whenever a caller calls the business, VoIP lets a virtual assistant route the calls in the required department, to the right person, depending upon the purpose of calling and the nature of the caller- whether the caller is a customer, supplier, employee or an investor.
- Call management: In this feature, calls are managed properly. Data is also noted if the call is from the same number to understand the nature of the caller. Irrelevant calls are rejected by virtual assistants, as a blacklist is also prepared. High priority calls are added to the white list to make quick connections with the relevant team members.
- Virtual Autoresponders: Some customers or interested callers call only to get some basic information. This wastes an employee’s time, if too basic. For this reason, additional hiring could increase the cost. So, virtual autoresponders try to pass basic information and try to solve customer queries without connecting to the real employee.
- Phone extensions: phone virtual proves to be very beneficial for businesses for effective internal and external communication. Extensions are usually 4-digit, 3-digit or 5-digit depending upon the size of the organization. Till free business numbers are very common for organizations. They add value to professionalism and customer interaction.
- Analytics: To understand the performance of the features, customer behavior and organizational effort, VoIP provides the feature of analytics to understand performance metrics and calculate ROI.
- Device flexibility: Personal as well as professional phones, laptops, computers and even desk-telephones can have the same number extension for a particular employee. This eliminates missed calls and helps to promote work from home irrespective of the geographical location of the employee.
- Speed Dial: As extensions are shorter, the facility of speed dial makes it easier for the working members of the organization to connect irrespective of the geographical location.
- AI-powered features are upgraded in the business stack of VoIP but it is much costlier.
- Voicemail: Whenever a caller calls at odd business hours or weekends or public holidays, the organization is generally shut and working members of the organization aren’t working. In this case, if the autoresponders aren’t able to solve the caller problem, the caller can leave a voicemail. Furthermore, those voice mails are listened to, forwarded or converted even to text in form of a message or even in form of an email by the working members of the organization.
By looking at the advanced features, we can easily tell how scalable and reliable VoIP business system is is. The list of advanced features even includes AI assistance and many more. Telecommunication networks can’t even stand in front of virtual phone systems to offer a pool of features benefiting the organization, its employees and increasing the productivity of the organization.